One of the most common concerns buyers have when purchasing a new apartment (and coming from a house) is: “How much storage will I have?”
Here’s a list of the various options you can incorporate into your apartment to significantly increase its storage capabilities (that you may not have considered yet):
- The ‘over car bonnet’ storage capsule. This can add approximately 3 cubic metres of storage for your golf clubs, suitcases, beach umbrellas, and sewing machine.
- ‘Under the bed’ storage containers. These are great for your blankets, duvets and winter clothing. You can fit even more in when you combine with vacuum seal storage bags.
- Built-in cabinetry. Enhance your new apartment and increase storage space by talking to a designer about creating some built-ins with shelving to display your treasured items, and cupboards underneath for your best china, board games and Christmas decorations.
- New coffee tables and ottomans often come with drawers to store books and magazines.
- Store your wine collection in your apartment building’s basement wine cellar
- Perhaps your double garage can be meshed off and a remote controlled door installed.
- If your new apartment has a butler’s pantry, you’re set with tonnes of space for kitchen gadgets, pots, pans and wine glasses.
So now that you’re a ‘storage genius’, what’s stopping you from having that dream apartment?